Looking for just the right gift for a poker player? If someone you know loves to play poker, whether a seasoned or casual player, there are many poker related gifts on the market that they’re likely to enjoy. Here are my picks for some unique gifts for Poker players.
1. Poker Books: Whether your looking for a beginners manual or a book on improving strategy, there are numerous books available online or at the book store that any poker lover would enjoy reading. Some top picks from various sites include:
– Internet Texas Hold-em: Winning Strategies from an Internet Pro by Matthew Hilger
– Harrington on Hold’em Volume I: Strategic Play
– Phil Gordon’s Little Green Book by Phil Gordon
– The Theory of Poker by David Sklansky
– Winning Low-Limit Hold’em (2nd Edition) by Lee Jones
– Hold’Em Poker for Advanced Players (Advance Player) by David Sklansky idn poker
– Zen and the Art of Poker: Timeless Secrets to Transform Your Game by Larry Phillips
2. Poker Chips: A wide variety of chips are available, at an equally wide variety of costs. If you’re buying for a true Poker lover, Ceramic or Clay poker chips may be a good choice. Ceramic Poker Chips are casino grade chips.
The graphics on these chips are actually part of the chip. Clay poker chips are rapidly becoming the most popular choice for chips. They have distinct feel and sound to them which is softer with a more solid sound. Also, they are not slippery like composite chips, which makes them stack better. Paulson poker chips have a distinct look and feel to them. These chips are true casino grade chips that are used by many casinos around the world, including Bally’s, Bellagio, Caesars Palace, Excalibur, Harrah’s, Mandalay Bay, MGM, Mirage, Monte Carlo, New York New York, Paris, Riviera, Treasure Island, Tropicana, Venetian, & Wynn. You may also choose to customize your own chips with hot stamping, labels or full color chip graphics of your home casino logo.
3. Poker Chip Cases and/or Trays: There are a multitude of poker chip cases and trays on the market, from inexpensive plastic trays to outrageously expensive sets. Cases are typically made of Acrylic, vinyl, aluminum, leather or wood. Acrylic or aluminum attaché cases are an inexpensive option, however If your poker player has clay chips or more expensive collectible chips, you may want to purchase a better quality case. You can also choose from different capacity chip cases, with the ability to store anywhere from 100 to 1000 chips. There are a variety of wooden poker chip case styles you can pick from, including custom cases made to your specifications. Poker cases may include chip trays or racks that can be used to protect and store your poker chips, or can be removed to stack player’s chips at the poker table.